With Labour day passed fall is just around the corner. I love this time of year with it’s cooler mornings and anticipation of wearing cozy sweaters and boots. Just like you switch your wardrobe from summer to fall you should do the same to your home décor. Here are 5 easy steps to decorate your home for fall.
1. Create a Fall Mantle – When we think fall we automatically associate it with oranges and reds but think creams and blues and rustic wood. Paint some pumpkins with Old White, French Linen and Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint (see how to from Perfectly Imperfect)
Or stay traditional with warm fall colours
2. Add cozy blankest and pillows – swap your light colour pillows for cozy fabrics and colours like velour, cable knit or faux fur.
I love the faux fur blankets from Pottery Barn
3. Fill glass containers with fall items like mini pumpkins, nuts, cinnamon sticks, pears or pine cones for an instant fall feel. Check out these great ideas from NancyCreative.com
4. Spruce up your front entryway and porch with fall florals.
The Hydrangeas below are so pretty! Love this front entryway!
5. Create a beautiful coffee table or dining room table centrepiece.
I find myself drawn to the lighter colours this year and I can’t wait to change up my decor…maybe this weekend. How will you bring fall into your home?
If you would like some help making your home a place you love, contact me to book an In-Home or Online Consultation.
If you enjoyed this post and want to learn more, consider signing up for FREE email updates!