Happy New Year!
Wow I can’t believe how quickly this year has passed. So much happened in 2016 and it all feels like a big blur now. I had two massive projects I was working on, one i have completed and one I’m just finishing up with as well as our own full house renovation and a move. I didn’t have much time to dedicate to my blog and that totally stressed me out so this year I am hoping to get in front of my computer and share more with my readers. 🙂
I love January as it’s a fresh start and a great time to look at the coming year and plan how I want that to look. I’m going to make a few changes to my business as I feel things could be simplified more and my motto for 2017 will be to work smarter not harder!
Even though I didn’t write as many blog posts as I wanted to last year here are the top 10 from 2016:
1. The Perfect Neutral Paint Colour – I love this colour and used it in all the bathrooms in my own renovation and will continue to use it in projects in 2017.
2. Top 4 Porcelain Tiles That Look Like Marble – This is one of the most popular pinnes off my Pinterest page.
3. Best Sherwin Williams Warm Grays – I think paint colours are what people have the most challenges with so I love sharing my favourites.
4. Choosing Backsplash Tile For Busy Granite Countertops – I worked with a few clients online that read this post and decided they needed some design help.
5. Best Sherwin Williams Cool Grays – Again, I love sharing paint colours and cool grays are the colours I recommend the most to clients.
6. Doorless Glass Showers Yay or Nay? – I really like the look of a doorless shower but one thing I have now discovered is that it can get chilly. We designed this for our master ensuite and ended up putting in a glass door. So unless you are in a warmer climate I wouldn’t recommend this.
7. Choosing Exterior Paint Colours A Few Things To Consider – It’s not easy choosing exterior paint colours and it’s not an easy fix if you mess up so I’m not surprised this was a popular post and I hope I helped some people make good decisions.
8. Choosing Paint Colours For My Renovation – I was excited to share the process and the colours I chose for my house renovation.
9. Restoration Hardware Balustrade Coffee Table Knockoff – I can’t tell you how much I love this coffee table! It was a lot of work but well worth it.
10. Choosing Wood Floors Engineered vs Solid Hardwood – This is an ongoing question I get from clients. One of my projects we did the upper levels in hardwood and the lower in engineered and I swear you can’t tell the difference. Some are against engineered wood because they don’t think you can refinish it but you can. Maybe not as much as solid but I don’t know anyone that has refinished their floors more than once.
Paint colours still seem to be the most popular posts so I will keep them coming. If there is anything you would like to see more information on let me know in the comments below.
If you would like some help making your home a place you love, contact me to book an In-Home or Online Consultation.
If you enjoyed this post and want to learn more, consider signing up for FREE email updates!